Tuesday, February 15, 2011


I spent yesterday preparing this welding jig for a furniture commission that I'm tackling right now. This particular piece doesn't really have any reclaimed or upcycled materials in it, though I'm sure there is at least some recycled content in the steel. This item is a shelf system with a table surface for the kitchen that will provide a bit more storage and a place for the family's two young children to hang out in the kitchen and draw while dinner gets made. The nice thing about it is that it is fairly simple and dual-purpose.

I'm also rebuilding three pottery wheels for my friend Charlie Teft who teaches ceramics at Guilford College. While I prefer to build furniture and other curious creations, I do undertake maintenance and repair work to help pay the bills, and in times like these, any job will do. Onward and upward...

No comments: